I was struggling to find a way to let the kids be outside while not dying in the heat when I had a stroke of genius. A pool! Okay, I guess this isn't really a stroke of genius but more like common sense, but oh well. So, we went out and got a little blow up pool that could go on our balcony. Boy was that the greatest idea ever! The kids love it.
The best part is that it has a little attached slide that they love to go sliding down. Unfortunately, it is just concrete on the bottom so we have had one or two minor injuries from sliding down rather quickly but for the most part it has just been wonderful. The other interesting part is that we don't have a hose or a spicket. So, we (and when I say "we" I in fact mean Roland - guess I should give credit to where credit is due) have to fill it up with buckets, bowls, water pitchers, whatever we can find... So, it takes a while. But, it is worth it.
After an unsuccessful attempt this morning at going to the gym (Weston refused to put on clothes - he would respond "No gym. Sorry Mommy"), I decided to take them outside to play in the pool. I figured we may as well get our wiggles out somehow. I went out back and started draining all of the old, dirty water out so that I could refill it with fresh water for them. I had been doing this for about twenty to thirty seconds (with a very excited Natalie dancing at the door, pressing her little button nose against the glass in anticipation) when my downstairs neighbor walks out from his porch onto the grass and says, "Hey! That's dirty water!" First thought I had was, "Well yes, that is why I am draining it - duh!" But, I restrained and said, "I'm sorry, is it getting on your patio?" I looked down and saw that the water was indeed splashing onto his patio. (I really did feel bad, but what do you want me to do? The water has to get out somehow).
He continued to look at me, hands on hips, stamping his foot. I didn't really know what to say. After all, did he not get the memo? Water does evaporate. He wasn't going anywhere so I muttered down to him something about waiting until Roland gets home and I would have him pick the pool up and throw the water out over the side thus completely avoiding his precious cement. And I went inside.
Sorry kids. No pool today. Blame the anal guy downstairs. And of course, what did the guy then proceed to do? Bang his hammer and blast his music as loud as he could (like he always does). So glad he got to do what he wanted and my poor kids had to sit inside. Whatever.
So, I guess we will just relish in these cute photos of them having a blast in the pool. Maybe tomorrow....










No comments:
Post a Comment