Apparently Weston has some very vivid dreams. Every morning he usually comes out of his room espousing some nonsense that seems incredibly important to him at the time. Yesterday, it was clouds. He had to open the blinds of each window so that he could point out the clouds in the sky to both Natalie and I. Then, he was done.
About a week ago, Weston must have had a dream about a bug in his bed. I have trained this kid well. He is my official bug spotter. If there is a bug in the house, I will know about it. Weston is sure to call me from whatever room I am in to point it to me and make sure it is dead before he leaves its sight. Every bug outside is likewise pointed out to me. It is quite funny.
Anyway, the other day he wakes up and comes darting out of his room. I am still in bed. "Mom!" he yells. He runs, grabs my arm, and says "Mom! Get it! Get the bug!" I have no idea what he is talking about but follow him. He continues to declare as we are marching to his room, "Bug Mom - get it! In my bed Mom - get it!"
In the midst of all this racket, Weston had turned his bedroom light on so that we could find the bug and managed to wake up Natalie. So, Natalie is anxiously observing from her crib, trying to figure out what we are doing. I move around his blankets and don't see anything. Weston continues to cheer me on. "Get it Mom!" After finding nothing in his bed, I look down on the floor around his bed and under his bed. Still nothing.
I turn to Weston, "I can't find the bug, buddy." He walks out of the room, "Follow me," he says. He takes me to the laundry room, opens the door, and says "Vacuum Mommy," I laugh and take the vacuum to his room. He proceeds to tell me that I need to vacuum his bed to "get the bug." So, to appease him, I turn on the vacuum and vacuum up his bed.
This seemed to satisfy the little guy. He clapped and cheered, "Good job Mom! You got it!" He followed me back to return the vacuum, congratulating me on my success the whole way. Then, it was done and forgotten about - never mentioned again.
No comments:
Post a Comment