Monday, August 16, 2010

Adventures in People Watching

When we chose our apartment, we got to pick which unit we wanted due to the number of open units in the facility. We carefully selected the perfect one - the one with the assigned parking spot right next to the stairs, the windows are facing north, and an open view of the parking lot. That's right - a view of the parking lot. That was on my list of something I wanted. You must think I am crazy, but with being home all day with the kids, I like to know what is going on around us. I see who is coming and going, I know people's routines, I see when Roland gets home, I see the UPS lady coming, etc. I love it!

I have seen some rather interesting things from my perch above the parking lot. It is funny the things people do when they don't think anyone is watching. It has made me a little more cautious of the things I do out in the parking lot (not that I would normally be doing anything creepy or strange!).

So, today as I was writing the previous post, I glanced out the window to see a woman standing between a blue truck and a white car. The blue truck has it's driver's door open and she appears to be getting in. She stops, looks around, then walks over to the white car (which happens to have all of it's windows down quite far). She looks around again, then places her hand into the car. Am I really seeing this? She fishes around but doesn't pull anything out. She looks around again. This time she dives down far and pops the trunk of the car. She looks around again as she pulls the trunk open and looks around in it. After a few seconds, she shuts the trunk, hops into the truck, and drives away.

Strange.

I have seen the owner of the white car. It definitely is not her. Unless she drives it too but have only ever seen him with it. She didn't take anything but was certainly acting suspicious. There are certainly some strange things you will see while people watching in an apartment complex. Fun times! I'm certainly glad I have this view! I am quite entertained.

1 comment: