****June 12, 2010****
Great-Grandpa Turner was visiting so we all went out to dinner at a local barbeque place.


Weston discovered that he LOVES ribs, including the bone. He was chewing that bone to bits. Kind of gross.


Natalie and Weston both enjoyed their ice cream cones. What a treat! Weston had never seen an ice cream cone before though so it took a little bit to warm up to it. He cried when he saw me bite my cone and all of a sudden it was gone. He was very disturbed by the concept. It grew on him though once he realized how yummy it was. Oh, and Daddy got a terrible ice cream headache. It was quite amusing to watch.



****June 17, 2010****
Natalie discovered the wonderful world of tampons. She had a blast pulling them out of the box, putting them back in the box, lining them up, etc. She even managed to get a few out of the wrapper and began swinging them around and hanging them off of her ear. It was so funny. She loved to watch it hang and then start shaking it vigorously to watch it fly all over the place. She was giggling for quite some time. Silly girl.




****June 22, 2010****Natalie loves to climb. This day I caught her not only climbing but also chewing on cords (another favorite) at the same time. Two in one! She had climbed onto my bed and wedged herself between the mattress and the bed stand and was chewing on the alarm clock antenna. What a little stinker! She loved that she could climb into the little shelf too. Bonus!



****June 24, 2010****
Natalie has an obsession with hats, but she took it to a whole new level when she took off her shorts and put them on her head. She walked around like this for a long time. She thought it was so funny.


****July 2, 2010****After we got settled into our new apartment, we decided to finally use Weston and Natalie's birthday gift card to get them a new toy. We had held onto it these past seven months because we wanted to get something after we were done moving. So, the day arrived and we went to WalMart to pick out a play kitchen. Upon reading the reviews I knew that it required assembly, but I was shocked when I opened the box to find this....

They were sure not joking about that assembly! So, nap time was devoted to assembling the new toy. The kids were super excited about it. Roland and I actually had a really fun time together. We don't get to spend much alone time together so we enjoyed the opportunity to work on a project together. It was an hour and a half of laughs and fun.


In the end, we got it completed. I was quite impressed with our handiwork. :) When the kids woke up they got right to work. They absolutely loved it. What a great find! The kids still love playing with it every day.





****July 5, 2010****We didn't do much for Independence Day this year. It was on a Sunday this year and the kids did not have a nap, so they went to bed nice and early. Roland and I caught a glimpse of the fireworks for about twenty seconds from the stairwell of our apartment. Good enough.
The fifth, we went to my Dad's house for a barbeque and swimming. The kids did their usual swim for only ten minutes then it was off to go run around in the yard. I think that the highlight for the kids was the corn on the cob. A new favorite!


Oh, and Natalie LOVED feeding Daddy chips!

****July 7, 2010****
Remember how I said that Natalie has an obsession with hats? I laughed out loud when I saw this. What a clever little girl! So silly!!! (If you can't tell, that is one half of an Easter egg - oh, and a whole lot of drool!)



****July 15, 2010****Natalie loves playing with Mr. Potato Head. She got creative one day.

No comments:
Post a Comment