Although my husband would politely and kindly disagree with the following statement (another reason why I love him so much), I can be quite the bossy wife. The poor man more than anything hates "I told you so's" and yet, I seem to sneak them in quite a bit. I try REALLY hard not to - often to the point of saying an "I told you so" without actually pulling an "I told you so." I know, I am so mean! I think the word, "HONEY!" comes out of my mouth far too often than it should. No, it's not what you are thinking. It is not the kind, endearing word it is meant to be. Instead, it is my way of saying, "What did you do that for? How could you do that? Really?! Come on!" It is all done in fun and he knows that I am not really mad at him. Perhaps just a little miffed. But, it goes away really fast. After all, who can stay miffed at that guy? :)
Anyway, lately it has come to my attention (by my own introspection - not him telling me) that I am way too hard on him. After all, who am I? I am not perfect by any means. I am married to the kindest, most wonderful, loving man in the world. He treats me like a queen. He loves me and our family and does everything he possibly can to make sure we are happy and taken care of. So what if he does something in a manner that I would not have done? That just makes him unique. :)
This morning I made a discovery of a mistake I unknowingly made a few days ago that would have received a giant "HONEY!" if done the other way around. And, it made me realize - I have the best husband in the world. When I told him about my unfortunate discovery, did I get a "HONEY!" from him? Nope! He loves me for me and all of the silly and moronic things I do. What a slap in the face to my pride and a giant boost in my appreciation for a loving and kind man.
So, here is my pledge. No more "HONEY!'s" from me. After all, no one is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment