Weston was on a roll Thursday. Just one silly antic after another. That kid just keeps the laughs coming. He is so smart and unfortunately he is learning how to use it to outsmart mom!
I was in the kitchen trying to fix a toy. This is one of the many things I do each day. I would have never thought "repair woman" would be in my job description one day. But, here I am. I was focusing my attention on the hot glue that was anxiously awaiting my precise placement of the little toy plane wheel.
I heard some scuffling about in the front room so I look up from my task at hand to see Natalie fall to the ground. Weston looked rather suspicious. I asked him, "Weston, did you push Natalie?" He looks up at me, purses his lips, and says, "Mmm-hmm" while nodding his head matter-of-factly.
I had to contain my laughter. I told him, "Thank you for being honest, you need to go in time out then." Without protest, he walked over and plopped himself on the ground in front of the wall. I was in the kitchen trying really hard not to let him hear me giggling. What a silly boy! (Oh, and in case you were wondering - I did fix the toy but Natalie was very upset when she couldn't pull the wheel back off. She yanked and pulled and strained until she was successful in removing the wheel yet again. I give up.)
Fast forward an hour. We had made some belated birthday cookies for Grandma Summerhays that morning. Weston had been eyeing them for several hours and was waiting very patiently for his cookie. I told him that after he ate his lunch that he could have his cookie. He ate all of his food and turned to me for his dessert. The kids don't get cookies or other treats very often so this was quite the big deal. I handed him his cookie and handed one to Natalie as well. Natalie's cookie was gone by the time I turned back around. She devoured that thing instantly. I walked back into the kitchen and began cleaning up. A few minutes later I look up to see Weston in the front room with his cookie in hand. I told him, "Weston, we eat at the table. Please take your cookie to the table."
He just stared at me. I repeated it again. This time he cracked a smile, but continued to just stare back at me in defiance. I started walking towards him so that I could physically encourage him to take his cookie back to the table. What does he do? I'm within arms distance and he shoves his entire cookie into his mouth as if to say "it's gone! - don't have to go to the table!" He gave me a big, cheesy grin full of cookie mush. What a twerp!



No comments:
Post a Comment