Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Us

We have slowly started to adapt to our new home and develop our routine again.

Roland is enjoying his job (thank goodness or else this all would have been for waste) and has started up with rugby again. He found a team here that he has begun practicing with on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Right now they are in the playoffs for nationals then they should be starting a sevens season. I think that is what this is called. Roland hopes to maybe play during that season but he is still up in the air about whether or not his leg is ready. We will see. Regardless, he is enjoying the time to be around the "guys" and enjoy some alone time.

I am trying really hard to find fun things to do with the kids. It is difficult being cooped up in the apartment with two energetic toddlers. Unfortunately there are not many places we can go during the day because both of them have a mind of his or her own and like to go a direction of his or her own choosing. Of course, it is never the same direction. There are trees, roads, and lakes everywhere and seeing as how I can't be in two places at once, we are usually confined to the safe zone called our house. :( Maybe someday soon I will find a small park where I can keep them relatively confined. In the meantime, we go on park trips when Roland gets home. During the morning, we are usually able to stretch our legs a little bit by going to the gym. The kids enjoy that interaction with other children and I enjoy the sanity time.

So, that is what we have been up to. Hopefully we continue to settle and I am hoping to get some piano students here in the near future. I hope to also make some friends. ;) We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment