Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Song

It makes me laugh whenever I think of mine and Roland's "song." It isn't the sappy song that you would picture. It isn't a cute little love song or an introspective song about relationships. Now we did "change" our song for our wedding to something we could actually dance to. The lucky song was "Have you ever really loved a woman?" by Bryan Adams. (PS - I don't endorse that music video. I saw it for the first time when I posted this and it kind of ruined the song). The song had some meaning too because we had danced to it in my living room before Roland left home for Phoenix when we first started dating. I know, corny huh? But, our true song is something else.

Ready? It's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day. Odd huh? I am not even sure how it became "our song." I fell in love with it the moment I first heard it. Roland did too. It just so happened that it was always playing on the radio when we were together and we would turn it up loudly. :) It brings back lots of memories. This song even comforted me when Roland and I broke up for the third time!

I heard our song today on Pandora and it made me smile. It always makes me smile. Not just because I like the song, but because it takes me back to a different time. It takes me to a time of falling in love. It takes me to a time of hanging out with my best friend in his nasty Isuzu Rodeo. It takes me to a time of youth and new found independence. It takes me to my college years. It takes me to a carefree place where my whole life is before me. I love our song.

No comments:

Post a Comment