Saturday we went to the park again after it had just rained all night. What does this mean? MUD! While Weston was busy running along the lake trying to figure out how to get to the coolest swan paddle boats, Natalie was busy digging in mud. She even ate four handfuls of mud (which I believe was also mixed with manure seeing as how they had just recently seeded). I know, gross! She didn't seem to mind. She just went going back for more. It was funny watching how squeamish Grandpa Summerhays was watching her get dirty. I don't know how we had any fun as kids! ;)


Then, we saw puddles! Natalie jumped right in. She was clapping and stamping her feet. She ran from one side to the other and splashed the whole way. While she was having so much fun, Weston was watching from afar saying "Eew, gross. Yucky." Boy did I train him all too well. He even got a little mud on his hand and he looked at it like the plague. He shows it to me with this distressed look on his face and says, "Mommy - yuck, gross."

I think he started to feel a little silly seeing as how Natalie was having so much fun. So, he decided to join in. But, he made sure that he was ever so cautious. He took a step or two in the water and decided that he was done with that. But, he did go walking through the mud a little bit. He was very concerned when his flip flop sunk into the ground though. He kept yelling, "stuck, stuck!" Not sure how much he liked the mud.

He did go exploring with Dad for a little bit and did make sure to walk all over the freshly seeded grass. He walked proudly by the "Please do not walk on freshly seeded grass" signs as he went on his merry way. Lovely.

Natalie continued to enjoy her puddle. She even slipped and fell in it, but that didn't stop her. She must have been thirsty because she even leaned over and opened up for a nice big slurp. I think she even got some in her mouth before I realized she was actually going to do it and had to put a stop to that one. She didn't seem to understand my displeasure. If you look closely at the picture, you can see her gaping mouth beneath her shorts!

What a fun day of mud!

No comments:
Post a Comment