Natalie's latest craze is something I like to call the fish dance.
Natalie is the most spirited kid I have ever seen. I used to think Weston was spirited. He is nothing in comparison. Natalie wants something and she wants it NOW and in HER way. There is no telling her "no." She does not take the rejection very well.
It seems like every few minutes I am pulling her off of a chair, ripping her off of the table, pulling her hands from away from the blinds, lifting her up and out of the cupboard drawers. She is everywhere and she doesn't like being told that she can't be there.
Her latest response to me telling her "no" or removing her from a situation that she deems worthy of her undivided attention is to flop herself on the floor and begin the aforementioned fish dance. This fish dance consists of her lying on her back (or stomach - depending upon which she happened to throw herself violently and emphatically upon) and begins writhing around like a fish out of water.
A simple temper tantrum with her head on the floor does not suffice - she must violently throw herself around by inching herself like an inchworm and flapping her body around like a fish about to die. It is quite the sight and very dramatic. By this point I am usually so annoyed that I walk away and leave her to her theatrics. So perhaps someday I will stick around long enough to get this beauty of a dance recorded on film. In the meantime, enjoy your head on the floor tantrums. I will enjoy my drama show. But if you would like, here is an example of our little miss Natalie. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment