
There is a little walking trail at the park just down the street from us. We love it because the trail keeps the kids relatively contained and the kids absolutely love exploring all of the plants and other wildlife. We took them yesterday for a quick walk to get some wiggles out before dinner.

We have only gone once before and Weston absolutely loved it. He ran the entire time until he was so tired that Roland had to carry him on his shoulders the rest of the way. Natalie slept draped over my shoulder the entire trip last time. So, Natalie was ecstatic to see this new and exciting place.


It is so pretty in there. The pictures just don't do it justice. Not to mention that I only took pictures in one little spot that isn't as densely populated by greenery (if you can believe that). The first time we went in there I was a little spooked out I must admit. It was so quiet. You couldn't hear anything but the wind through the trees and the birds chirping. Neither Roland nor I had our cell phones on us so I was slightly paranoid. Not that much would happen to us in the middle of a park. But, what can I say? I am a nut job. I will credit it to the fact that I felt I was on set of the television series LOST. It looked just like it. So, I was just waiting for the smoke monster to sneak up and get us. I know, so silly.


True to her nature, Natalie had to stop and pick up every stick she found. So, that left us in one spot for quite some time. I really don't understand her infatuation with sticks, but I guess everyone has to have something, right? She would pick them up, walk around with them for a little while, then go place them in a giant pile of sticks and logs. She would repeat this several times until she realized that she was standing in mud. Perfect - even better!


I don't quite understand the whole mud thing either. I get that it can be fun to play in, but eat? She tries to eat mud every chance she gets. Oh, and she got the chance this time. She grabbed a giant ball of mud and just shoved it in her mouth. Roland tried to get it out but she had her teeth wrapped firmly around the ball. She was not letting go. After a few battle wounds on Roland's fingers and a sad Natalie, the mud was removed but not after she had already eaten quite a bit. So gross! I really don't get it.



Weston just watched, highly entertained. Then he went on his merry way through the thicket of brush. After they both were sufficiently tired, we walked back to the car. Time to go wash out that mouth Natalie!



No comments:
Post a Comment