Monday, September 20, 2010

Under the Stars

September 17, 2010

The city of McKinney offers an outdoor movie every Friday night in September in a local park.  We decided to give it a try.

Grandpa Summerhays joined us for the fun.  This evening featured Planet 51.  I didn't really know what to expect and didn't realistically think the kids would sit there, but we thought we may as well try.

I was surprised.  The movie started and the kids were hooked.  Weston cuddled up with his blanket sitting in his chair, and Natalie nestled in my lap with a bag of popcorn clutched in her hand. 

It was an entertaining movie and the kids sat mesmerized.  They both devoured a bag of popcorn each (thank you Grandpa!).  I think Natalie was even more fascinated by the night sky.  I realized that she had never really been outside much after dark.  It gets dark so late here that she has never really ever seen the night sky.  It was really funny to watch her get so excited over the moon and the clouds.

I'm glad we gave it a shot.  We all had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment