September 14, 2010
Every other Tuesday until Christmas, the McKinney Community Center offers an "open gym" for toddlers five and under. This was the first week. (Ignore the terrible quality of the pictures. They were taken on my very old phone).
We arrived and Weston couldn't contain his excitement when he saw through the gym doors. What an exciting place! He darted in and didn't stop the whole time we were there.
They converted their basketball court into a fun playground for kids. There were balls, scooters, ride on cars, hoola hoops, bouncing castles, and more. Both Weston and Natalie had a blast.
Natalie found one of those perpetual motion scooters and had so much fun. She was scooting around the gym with a big grin on her face. She then wanted to play "basketball" with the big boys and kept bringing me balls so I could lift her up to throw into the basket. She thought it was great!
Weston was just running, running, running. He would occasionally stop to get on a scooter, throw a ball, or climb through a tunnel. The rest of his time was spent in the jumping castles. He would squeal, "bounce, bounce, bounce!" while he jumped along with all of the other little kids.
Natalie went into the "obstacle course" bouncing castle and ended up getting stuck just before the slide. Her shoes were causing her trouble and she fell over and couldn't get back up with all of the kids jumping around her. She kept getting jumped and stepped on. She was just laying on the ground crying. Weston ran up, saw her, and said "oh no! Nanny!" He ran inside, got to her side, and tried desperately to pull her up. When that didn't work, he braced himself over her to protect her from the jumping kids. What a sweet boy! I was so proud of him. But, he eventually gave up and went down the slide. So, I had to go in. I'm sure I got a lot of weird stares. Glad I am little. That was a tight squeeze!
Weston came and found me after being there for only 30 minutes and told me it was time to go. He was tired! So, we left. But, on our way out, Natalie had to run into the open men's bathroom and splash her hands in the urinals. I was so disgusted. I was screaming at her from the door and eventually she came out - big smile plastered on her face. I frantically grabbed her and was desperately searching for a women's bathroom. Go figure. I couldn't find one - anywhere!
Luckily they had some hand sanitizer gel. I think I emptied the whole bottle on her hands. I was trying hard not to gag. So gross!!!!
We will definitely make sure to come next time. I just hope the men's bathroom is closed this time!






No comments:
Post a Comment