Friday, October 1, 2010

It's MINE

Sickness has been abounding in our home lately.  What else is new?  Ever since we went to the Children's Museum, Natalie has had a runny nose.  After two weeks, this runny nose turned into a severe sinus infection and we finally took her to the doctor last Friday.  After a few days of getting worse and looking absolutely miserable, she finally is starting to improve.  No more runny nose for her. 

But, she decided to share.  Weston woke up several times last night unable to sleep.  He was very warm and incredibly uncomfortable.  I could hear all of the phlegm deep in his sinuses.  This morning they both woke up at 8:30, which is unheard of.  They have been lethargic and docile all morning, which also is unheard of. 

Weston has just laid on the floor in front of the television all morning, moaning, groaning, and occasionally asking for some water.  I start to hear some gagging and I look over to see him starting to vomit.  He stands up, walks towards me, and projectile vomits all over the couch and carpet.  Yummy.  I pick him up and run to the kitchen sink.  Luckily I make it for the last round, but unfortunately both he and the family room are covered. 

After some intense cleaning and clothes changing, we are back in our previous positions.  He is laying in front of the television and I am frantically running around.  A half hour later I sit down on the couch to check my email.  He comes and lays by me and starts moaning.  I hear the all familiar gagging.  Uh oh.  Too late.  He covers the couch, barely missing me and the computer and gets the floor once again.  This time we run for the bathroom.

Same scenario.  I clean, Weston gets changed, and we are back in the same position again.  This time I am learning.  I go into the kitchen and grab a big plastic bowl.  I hand it to him and explain to him what it is used for.  I asked him if that made sense, and he says, "Yes," and smiles. 

So, Weston makes himself comfortable on the couch (in one of the only dry spots remaining) and places the bowl next to him.  Natalie walks by and is intrigued by this brightly colored bowl.  She snags it off of the couch and starts investigating.  Weston panics.  He looks frantically at me and screams, "It's MINE!!!!"

The intensity in his eyes was making me laugh.  It's almost like he didn't know what to do without his vomit bowl.  We resolved the issue and I just had to chuckle to myself.  What a silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment