Weston of late has become a creature of habit and a slave to routine. He knows the rules and he knows the consequences.
On more than one occasion I have walked into a situation and without even saying a word to him, he is already walking to the time out wall because he knows exactly what he has done and what the consequence is. What a spoiled mom I am!
I also have realized that even if I wanted to slack in my consistency, that won't fly with him. He is the first one to broadcast it to the world that Natalie has done something worthy of time out and makes sure that I follow through with it. He sees Natalie do something wrong and he instantly starts calling out, "Mommy - Natalie time out! Time out Natalie!" He then reports to me over and over what her offense is.
One of the offenses worthy of time out is climbing over the couch. They both like to climb to the top of the couch and slide down the backside. The other day Weston was playing with a little toy turtle. He threw the turtle over the couch and it landed on the backside of the couch. He started yelling, "Time out turtle! Time out! No couch!"
I couldn't stop laughing. I told Weston, "Did your turtle go over the couch? Okay, go take him to time out." Weston took the turtle and put him in front of the time out wall. I told Weston that when time out was over he could go over and give the turtle a kiss and tell him why he was in time out (which is what we do with him). Weston walked over, sat down next to the turtle and gave him a kiss. He then proceeded to tell the turtle that he was in time out for "the couch."
What a silly, silly boy! At least I know he understands what is going on!
Wow! You are spoiled! That is comical!
ReplyDelete