Monday, October 11, 2010

Beach Day

Who would have thought we had a beach in our backyard?

We left for our usual trip to the playground this morning with buckets and shovels in hand.  Little did we know those buckets and shovels would come in handy.  After arriving at the playground, we discovered that the ground was completely covered in ants.  Of course the kids plopped themselves down in the middle of them and weren't about to leave.  After being bitten myself, I decided we probably should leave. 

I felt bad for the poor kids so I looked across at the sand volleyball pit.  I knew it was going to be a mess after our torrential rain this morning, but I didn't know what else to do.  We walked over to the sand.

Those kids had so much fun!  They were splashing in the water, scooping up sand, and making quite the mess. They were making sand castles and shoveling lots of sand.  We certainly left dirty.  It was straight to the bathtub for them.









1 comment:

  1. You're a good mom. That's exactly what I would have done! (Wow, that came out sounding really egotistical). I'll bet your little ones were the happiest kids in town!

    ReplyDelete