I have come to terms with the fact that I will not have a private moment to myself for at least the next several years - if not the next twenty. I, much like many moms, can't go to the bathroom or shower without being ambushed.
Yesterday was one of those days. The kids were sitting in front of the television so I figured I could run off and get in the shower quickly while they were preoccupied. I stepped into the shower and turned on the water. I heard the door open and little pitter patter steps.
Natalie stands outside the curtain, debating what she is going to do. She then peeks her head around the curtain and gives me a big cheesy grin. She stands there, trying to throw things into the shower and also catch a little bit of water spray in her fingers. In the meantime, she is making a mess and I am busy trying to toss things back out of the shower. Obviously I am not getting much showering done.
So, I prop my foot up on the rim of the tub and place the curtain beneath my foot so as to keep her from peeping heads and arms into the shower. So, of course, she has to find another way to keep herself entertained.
What does she choose to do? She grabs my clothes, opens the toilet bowl lid, and tosses them in. I hear the lid drop and in a panic poke my head out to see my pant leg dangling out of the bowl. Natalie grins.
What a fun time I had fishing my clothes out! Someday I will enjoy some peace but in the meantime, I guess I will just enjoy the ride.
Hahahaha! That is hilarious! (For me reading, not for you)
ReplyDelete