Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Quick Trip

Last Sunday (August 23) I left with the kids after church to go down to Tucson. Megan Perkins was visiting from Chicago so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see her! I think it had been since Christmas 2007 that I had seen her last. The kids cooperated really well and slept the entire drive down, thereby making it difficult for me to stay awake, but we made it!

I made it in time for the tail end of my mom's birthday party. It was nice to see everyone. The kids went down rather well and slept great too. I unfortunately did not sleep very well - I usually don't without Roland.

The next morning, Weston was super excited to have Disney channel to watch again! He misses all of his cartoons. He would not look away from the television throughout his entire breakfast. Natalie was all smiles and enjoyed playing while Weston enjoyed his food.

We then decided that we needed to swim. Weston and I suited up and went outside. Weston had a blast in the pool and found all of the fun toys to play with. He did really well jumping in the pool to me and even convinced me to hold him up a few times to throw the ball into the basketball hoop. He had so much fun he couldn't contain his excitement. Unfortunately, Natalie eventually got hungry and the fun ended.

Weston took a nice nap after that and Megan came over to visit with me. It was wonderful to see her after so long. I was blessed with such wonderful friends throughout my high school years and have never found elsewhere as good of friends as them. It was nice to catch up and enjoy her company.

Of course all good things must come to an end and it was time to pack up and head home. The kids were great on the drive home, but both lost it about fifteen minutes from home. We ended the trip with some desperate attempts at consolation with "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and a few other silly songs. It seemed to work as Weston sang along and laughed, but didn't have quite as much success with Natalie.

We did make it home safely and it was nice to see Daddy again. The kids were super excited to see him. It was a great trip but it is always nice to be home and together again as a family.

(pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment