
Saturday evening we attended the Diamondbacks game with Roland's parents and a few of his siblings. This was Weston's second baseball game and Natalie's first. Overall, I think it was a success.

Weston was already SOOO tired because he had spent the morning running around at the park. His nap apparently wasn't enough rest so we arrived at the game with him already pretty beat. It ended up being perfect because he actually sat still! Natalie was quite pleasant too and was happy to be passed around from person to person.

Weston was enthralled with the game. He just sat in Roland's lap and watched intently as the players threw the ball around. I think he enjoyed the large television more than anything. He did seem to be enjoying the atmosphere although trying to get any sort of emotion out of his tired little body was quite the task. He did however clap a few times when everyone started cheering. It was pretty cute. You could tell he really wanted to get involved, but was just way too tired.

Natalie seemed to be a little overwhelmed by all of the people, noise, and lights but still did pretty well. She was smiling and laughing for everyone and seemed to enjoy herself. She had a little scary moment with a hat so she was pretty upset after that point and panicked whenever she saw that individual or the hat. So, she was pretty touchy from that point forward.

The game was an exciting one (or so everyone tells me). I have a horrible tendency that when I go to sporting events, I do everything BUT watch the game. The Diamondbacks won and that is about all I know. I think the score ended up being 6-0 against the Astros. Roland tells me there was a great double play and a few homeruns. I wouldn't know. ;)

Following the game, there was a concert by the country group Montgomery Gentry. Weston enjoyed the music but once again was just way too tired to really show much emotion. Natalie didn't like it at all. It was way too loud for her poor ears and at this point she was pretty tired and upset. I ended up rocking her up in the concession area while Roland and Weston enjoyed the music. We wanted to wait for the fireworks after but that just ended up not happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment