Monday, August 17, 2009

Weston's Growing and Entertaining Vocabulary

Weston is picking up more and more words everyday. The comprehension level is absolutely amazing. He understands absolutely everything I say. He will follow simple commands and picks up on new words on a consistent basis. It shocks me how quickly he learns things. I will say something and all of a sudden I hear him saying what I just said in the other room. It makes me laugh just how much he likes to copy cat everything we do. He is such a silly boy. I love watching him learn how to communicate. The other day at the table he wanted something that I was eating. He looks at me with this look of intense concentration and I can hear him muttering some random noise trying to make out a word. Finally he gets excited and yells, "Pweese." He had forgotten the word and was trying to remember how to say please to get some food. I thought it was absolutely adorable! The following is a compilation of his most used words:

  • Rawr - Car (although is is actually starting to use the ka sound in the past few days)
  • Na-oh-we - Natalie
  • De-dus - Jesus
  • An-ah - All done (I think - I have heard it used in other contexts too, so I am not quite sure)
  • Bah-bee- baby or poopy (take your pick)
  • Sah, Sah - soft
  • Uh oh - uh oh
  • Oh no! - oh no
  • No - no
  • Wher'd it GO? - Where did it GO?
  • Foof - food (also foot)
  • Pweese - please
  • Up - up
  • Ba-ow - ball
  • Daddy - Daddy (or Mommy for that matter)
  • Mommy - Mommy (or help me!)
  • Es-tuck! - stuck
  • Ba-th - Bath
  • Ee-www - Eew (learned that one from me in regards to bugs and dirt - he now runs around the house and says it if he sees any bugs or anything dirty or out of place - I love it!)
  • Uh, too, tee - one, two, three!
  • Shoo - shoe (he loves this one!)
  • Spee - speed (he only says this after Lightening McQueen does on Cars)
  • Ee - ear (points to it as he says it)
  • Ih-kle - tickle
  • Joos - juice
  • Uh-MEN - Amen
  • Boo - book
  • Ga-ma - grandma
  • Ga-pa - grandpa
  • Imming - swimming
  • Boo-er-ies - blueberries
  • Ah-nan-uh - banana
  • Cheese - cheese
  • Uh-wo - Hello
  • Bye - Bye
  • Ooh-uh-ning - Good morning
  • Tee-fee - T.V.

I know there are more, but I can't really think of them all right now. I will post more as they come to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment