Thursday, August 20, 2009

The obsession with cars continues

Weston has the biggest obsession with cars I have ever seen. He must at all times have at least one car in each hand. Preferably it is two cars per hand but sometimes he limits himself. If one falls or gets taken, the world has officially ended. Even if he has five other cars currently on his person, that one car sends him into a panic. Sometimes it verges on unhealthy. His latest obsession is the movie Cars. He cannot get enough of that movie. I don't know what I was thinking introducing it to him. Oh well. His crib is now adorned in Lightning McQueen everything (thank you Grandma Romero for the Cars pillow last Christmas and to Aunt Callie for all of the hand me down sheets). He thinks it is great!

The most hilarious thing though is his new love. We were at the church building last night and Roland took Weston outside to get some energy out. He walks outside to see this parked in the parking lot (except it was white).
Roland said that Weston screamed in giddiness and ran straight to it. He had to touch it, pet it, and survey the perimeter to gawk at every last square inch. That is just hilarious to me. Even at a young age he has an appreciation for "nice" cars. I am interested to see where this goes.

In the meantime, I guess we will keep catering to his cars obsession. We wouldn't want to mess with the status quo!

2 comments:

  1. Just wait until he turns 16. Then it won't be so funny anymore.

    Isn't having a little boy the greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That is what I told Roland last night. I told him that cars is a very expensive hobby. :( I love boys!

    ReplyDelete