Monday, August 17, 2009

Eight Months

Natalie is now eight months old (as of Saturday)! I can not believe how quickly the time goes. Here are her measurements (according to my rudimentary measuring skills):

Weight: 18.5 lbs
Height: 26.5 inches

Milestones:

I can now say that Natalie is a roller. Before I had seen her do it once or twice so I could claim it as a skill, but now she actually does it occasionally. I am trying really hard to get her to crawl. She will do tummy time for longer increments of time, but I think we still have quite a way to go before we actually crawl. She will scoot around in a circle and will reach really hard for things, but she can't quite get any of the crawling movement down. So, we will see when the crawling thing happens. In the meantime, she is quite content in her bouncer and sitting on the floor surrounded by toys - so I guess that is all that matters. She will stand up by herself if you give her something to hold onto. She thinks that is great!

I was worried because she wasn't really "babbling." She would coo and say "mmm-om" but she wouldn't really babble like I had heard Weston do at that age. Over the past few days, she has started to make some babbling noises, so she is probably just a quiet one like her mommy!

Natalie may be quiet, but she sure is quick! She quietly observes her surroundings, spots something she wants, slowly goes in, then swipes while no one is paying attention. She is getting quite skilled. She even sneaks cars away from Weston at times which is quite the feat! She is constantly knocking over our plates, bowls, stealing things from our hands. It makes me laugh. She even gives a sneaky little grin when she pulls one on Weston. I think she thinks she is pretty funny too!

Natalie is as smily as can be. She laughs, giggles, and grins at everything. She is so content to just sit and watch what is going on. I love it! She makes life so easy and fun. She still only has her bottom two teeth and loves to show them off. She has been working on her top two for at least two months now. I can start to feel them so hopefully they will be out soon and she will no longer be in pain.

Natalie loves to eat! She will take anything we will give her. She gives us pleading eyes whenever she sees us eat our food and tries to swat our forks out of our hands. She will even stare at us and make a chewing motion with her mouth. She cracks me up! I have started to make my own baby food as it is a whole lot cheaper and I think a lot healthier. She absolutely LOVES her pureed pears. She will gobble that up faster than I can keep the spoon moving. She will also take whole peas and green beans. She thinks those are pretty tasty as well. Cheerios are another favorite in her book. I think that breastmilk still trumps it all though. She still gets a cheesy little grin on her face when she is done breastfeeding that I think is just hilarious.

That is our little Natalie in a nutshell. She brings lots of joy and happiness to our days. Weston, Daddy, and I just can't get enough of her.

2 comments:

  1. That makes Natalie officially the ONLY baby I've ever met who likes those nasty peas. Seth wouldn't touch them after one bite. Hope this means she's going to be a good eater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Weston loved peas also. I think they take after their mother :)

    ReplyDelete