Thursday, September 17, 2009

Natalie's first haircut

My little Natalie got her first haircut already. Bad news is - we have no pictures, no locks of hair, NOTHING. That's right - Roland decided on his own that he wanted to chop her hair and I wasn't even home!!!!! Mommy missed her haircut!

I had been excited that Natalie's hair was finally starting to grow out so that she looked like a girl. Little did I know that this growing hair was driving Roland nuts. He claims that her hair over her ears looked bad and was "bugging him." So, while I was out teaching piano on Monday, he took out the meat scissors - that's right - the MEAT SCISSORS and cut her hair.

Poor little Natalie now looks like a little Nathan. She now has a boy cut that looks more like a helmet on her head. He decided to just cut the hair along her ears so she has a nice blunt cut outlining her ears on both sides. I am not kidding when I say it looks like she is wearing a helmet. To make matters worse, on one side it has several jagged points so is not even a single line.

So I explained to him that unless he wants her to look like a boy for the rest of her life, we will have to go through this "awkward phase" of hair over the ears. I explained that it is normal for a girl to grow out her hair. So, we will see what happens. We may just have to shave it all off now because it is going to grow really weird on the sides. What do you guys think? Shave it all or just fix it as we go?

Anyway, I am grateful for Roland's initiative in wanting to have Natalie look cute, but I think that I should be making the calls on what is cute from now on. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you should do what you feel is best but my suggestion is to shave it.. she's young enough that it wont effect her too much and it should grow in thicker as it grows back... My mom had to have my head shaved when I was in preschool because of a bad hair cut...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland is telling me to shave it too (I think secretly he did this on purpose). I just don't know if I can do that to her poor head. :( So your mom did it when you were in preschool? Hmm... I guess that is worse. I will definitely think it over.

    ReplyDelete