I know I am a paranoid person. I have accepted it and have learned to live with it. I think it drives Roland nuts, but I just like to remind him that I am cautious. He will thank me someday when our ER visits over the years are kept to a minimum (or so I am telling myself now!).
This one is his fault. As we were putting pork chops in freezer bags (they were on sale for 88 cents/lb!) he tells me he needs to go and grab some surgical gloves. He comes back with them on his hands and proceeds to slide the chops into the bags I have opened for him. He is explaining to me that the sliminess of the pork grosses him out. I can appreciate this so don't say anything about the gloves on his hands (even though it makes me laugh). He continues to go on and say that he has had a hard time eating pork ever since someone told him about a parasite that is in pork. He told me that when the pork is not cooked correctly, the parasite enters the human and travels to his or her brain and kills the person! He is telling me this as we are touching the pork and right after we had some pork earlier that evening for dinner!
So last night I am laying in bed, unable to fall asleep because I believe that the parasite will travel to my brain in the middle of the night and kill me. I figured I at least wanted to be awake to know that I was going. I know, I am crazy. I didn't tell Roland this - I think he would just roll his eyes. So that's me - the Queen of Paranoia!
No comments:
Post a Comment