Monday, September 14, 2009

Four Years

Last Wednesday we celebrated four wonderful years as an eternal family. I guess I can tell I am getting older and actually have family responsibilities now because the day was pretty uneventful. The day itself was just like any other. I took care of the kids, Roland went to work - pretty boring.

That afternoon Roland had a phone interview for a position here in Phoenix. I wanted to surprise him when he got home with a nice meal actually prepared and ready to be served when he walked in the door. I timed it so that everything would be completed about the time he would be done with his interview and even made a cake! I pulled out the Martinellis that has been sitting in our pantry forever and was excited to welcome him home. Much to my dismay, he walked in the door looking incredibly stressed, handed me some flowers (very sweet) and ran into the office. Turns out he had to research a few things and then call someone back from the company that he was interviewing for. They told him they would call him back in a few days but ended up calling him back within a few minutes, so he had to hurry home and call them back. So, I put the food in the microwave and packed the kids up in the wagon to take them to the park so Roland could have some quiet.

By the time he was done, our food was cold and he was in a funk. So, I was a little frustrated but such is life I guess. After dinner, I left to go visiting teaching then came home and helped get the kids to bed. It took a while to get Roland out of his funk, then after much talking and deliberation we decided that even if Roland was extended the job, it was not right for our family at this time. At that point we were both so physically and mentally exhausted that we just crashed. Thanks to Roland's sweet sister, we did get a chance to be alone and spend some nice quality time together Saturday night. That was refreshing.

I love my sweet husband and appreciate all he does for our little family. I am so blessed to be his wife and to have his sweet spirit in my life. He is my best friend and an inspiration to me each day. I am so excited to see what lies in our future and am so grateful to be able to enjoy it all with him at my side.

2 comments:

  1. Funny how our kids (and husbands) can make special occasions so stressful. I can't believe it's been four years! I was actually just scrapbooking our engagement pictures, which we took the weekend you got married (since we were all in Tucson). It doesn't seem that long ago, but then again so much has changed since then! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy how quickly the time goes!

    ReplyDelete