But, she still did it! Hopefully I can capture some pictures tomorrow. She by no means is a pro so I am pretty sure we can re-enact the scenario. After months of failed attempts at getting Natalie to walk towards me, we finally had success. She usually would reach for me and either drop to her knees and crawl the rest of the way, or fling herself at me so that she landed in my lap. Today, she was brave.
I reached out to Natalie as I usually do, hoping that she would be brave enough to take that step, but realistically knowing that she would be to her knees within seconds. Much to my surprise, Natalie grinned at me from ear to ear and slowly pulled her foot up and forward. After this successful placement, her grin grew larger. Her arms extended. Her other foot lifted up and forward. Another successful placement. Shocked that she hadn't stumbled or fallen yet, I clapped and praised her until she was giggling with excitement. Then we had the successful third step!
By the third step she had successfully reached me so she was content to just flop in my lap. I tickled her, praised her, and squeezed her. She was eating up all of the attention. Playing off of that, I decided to give it another try.
I placed her on her feet and stood back a little distance (but not too far to make her want to give up and drop to her knees). With a big cheesy grin adorning her face she made another successful three steps until she reached me and plopped in my lap.
Once again, she ate up all of the attention.
We did have one more successful set of three steps and then she was done. I think she came a long way today. Hopefully she feels the desire now and soon we will have a walking Natalie. Mommy would like that very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment