Saturday morning we left in the pouring rain. The rain seemed to follow us the entire way down. We luckily arrived with no injury. It got a little scary and we hydroplaned a few times but we arrived at our destination safely.
Roland went to go watch Aaron play at a rugby match. He was glad he was able to go and watch him play before we left.
I arrived at my parents' house with the kids and helped set up for their surprise going away party. Luckily, we had a good turnout and it actually was a surprise! Mom even cried.
Marisa stopped by and visited for a little bit. I was glad I had a chance to see her before I left. She is such a sweet friend.
We were able to visit with Grandpa Turner and Aunt Ellen and Uncle Rick as well. They were down for the weekend too so it was nice to be able to talk with them.
Weston was filled with copious amounts of sugar so unfortunately he had an utter meltdown. We quickly realized it was time for bed. We set up for the night at Christopher and Amanda's.
Morning time came and with it came the arduous task of getting several unhappy children ready for a family picture. We were all stressed by the time we arrived for the shot. It was freezing cold and of course Natalie woke up that morning with a runny nose. Lovely.
After pictures, we congregated at Christopher and Amanda's. It was nice to spend time with the family. These times are few and far between and will soon be quite rare so I enjoyed that time we could have together. I think we were all entertained by Weston and Brendan and their squealish laughter over their hot wheels track. Natalie even decided she wanted to use this time to really work on her walking. She made it all the way across the room!
Quite the enjoyable weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment