Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Roland's Birthday


Roland's birthday was last Friday (the 29th). Unfortunately since he has to work so late there was no fun to be had on that day. He got home from work at his usual late hour and was greeted with some brownies and ice cream. Hopefully that was good enough to say Happy Birthday. I know, I am pathetic.

Saturday was also pretty pathetic. We were able to go to his brothers' rugby match so at least he got to do something fun. That evening we were able to go out to dinner and a movie so were able to spend some nice, quality alone time together. That is always a wonderful gift!

Sunday the 'celebrations' ended with some cake and a cute rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" from Weston. He makes me smile. He was also very excited that he was able to have some "birthday!!" (To Weston, birthday is not only a holiday but is also a yummy treat to be consumed, aka cake, cupcakes, and brownies).

I hope Roland had a nice birthday. We were kind of pathetic this year but I hope he knows how special he is to us! Roland will be traveling to Vegas next weekend for a USA International Rugby tournament with his brother. So, that will be his birthday gift, a little belated. So, hopefully that will top off his 28th birthday with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment