Saturday, February 13, 2010
The Countdown Begins
17 days until we make the long and life changing journey to Dallas. It hit me today just how close that is. It also put a little pressure on me as I realized everything I still needed to get done and all the things I wanted to do before I left. It blows my mind that in a little over two weeks we will be in a completely different state and somewhere I have never seen before. I am trying to prepare for the shock of the change in weather and possible snow. What is that?! My children have never seen snow, let alone lived in it. I think I can count the number of times I have seen snow in my life on one hand. So, I think this will be a shock for all of us. Hopefully snow season will be done by the time we get there. I know, highly unlikely. Bummer. But, first thing's first - I better go find somewhere to live!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know how many times I've cried when we've packed up and headed somewhere totally foreign. And leaving home is the hardest of all. Good luck. But the good news is, you're going to love it there. It make take a few months (or a year, maybe), but you'll love it.
ReplyDeletePS-Your kids will love the snow. Can't promise the same for you, though. ;)