Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Teething Woes

So it has been fun at our house the past few days. Little Natalie has been trying to push her first teeth through since four months old. Drool has been adorning her clothes and her fingers have become her favorite chew toys. Finally last Tuesday her first pearly white made it's appearance! Then, last night she pushed her second through. She now officially has her bottom two teeth. I'm proud of her, but needless to say I am not that thrilled as I am still breastfeeding her. She enjoys chomping down ever so slightly to see what I will do, then will look up at me and give me a cheesy grin. What a stinker! She gets a rude awakening when feeding time is suddenly over. Maybe she will learn. We will see.

Weston has a way of suddenly teething out of nowhere. Several of his teeth have sprung without us ever even knowing they were on the way. He has been quite miserable with his last two sets. Those fangs just are not any fun. It took him quite some time to push through his first set of fangs and we went through quite a bit of Tylenol and crabby evenings. Then just yesterday we noticed he was pushing through his bottom two fangs. We spent the evening fighting through tantrum after tantrum. Hopefully these come through sooner than later. The best part is, this will complete his smile and we will be done teething! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know there's an end in sight, and that maybe Seth will go back to being the angel he was before teething started.

    And I totally feel your pain with the biting thing. He's started the 'bite and pull away' trick. I just have to repeat to myself, "one more month, I can do this..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is nice to know there is an end to all of this. :) I keep thinking the same thing... he is such an angel child - can we go back to that please? I feel bad that it hurts so badly that it changes their whole demeanor like that.

    Oh boy - the bite and pull away? Natalie LOVES that one. I get so frustrated with her. I guess it is my fault because she is done and is just bored. I should probably pay attention a little better and stop her before she gets to that bored stage. Maybe I will be a little more diligent now that there are teeth involved. Congrats on almost being done with that stage too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YAY! You have a blog! Excellent! ;) Teething... fun stuff. Allie was never grouchy when she'd have teeth cutting, but she was a biter so that was no fun. haha

    ReplyDelete