Monday, June 15, 2009

Nursery? What nursery?

The much anticipated day finally arrived - Weston was going into nursery! We finally would be able to hear our lessons again! He was eligible for nursery two weeks ago, but he had a runny nose the first week and then we had stake conference the second week. The moment came and we dropped him off. He darted to a book without even taking a look back. He was super excited and ran to the table, flipped through his book, and started playing with a puzzle. He started to look around at that point for us so we decided to head out before he freaked out. We were down the hall when we heard him scream. We figured it might be better if we went in and at least said goodbye so he didn't think we abandoned him. We said goodbye and left with him yelping behind us. Not more than ten minutes had gone by and Uncle Zane brought him into our classroom with tears stained across his cheeks. He saw Daddy and ran to him screaming "Daddy, Daddy!" I guess the nursery leader had been roaming the halls looking for us and couldn't find us, so Uncle Zane was sent to come looking for us. Bummer! The even bigger bummer is that at fourteen months he would have been totally ready. He was independent and super excited about nursery. Lately he has become very clingy. So, looks like nursery is going to be a multi-step event. Maybe next week!

2 comments:

  1. We put Brendan is nursery and let him cry, he calms down eventually. I think they have only had to come get us maybe once in 6 months! I am so surprised...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wish they would have just let him cry. He usually calms down after a few minutes. I guess our nursery doesn't tolerate cryers. :(

    ReplyDelete