Anyone that knows me knows that I detest bugs! Any type of bug gives me the heebie jeebies. We have had lots of fun with bugs so far this summer. For some reason, where we live there is an infestation of flies. I have never seen anything like it and it grosses me out. If you leave the door open for more than 15 seconds, a whole family of flies takes up residence in your home. A few weeks ago we were barbequing so we were in and out of the house a lot. The next day, there were flies everywhere. I had the vaccuum out all day and was sucking them up constantly. At any given time, there were about 8 swarming at each window. So gross! A few days later, I see Weston perched over something and is chewing. I asked him what was in his mouth and he grabs it and shows me. It is a worm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right about this time I am doing my bug dance. If anyone has seen me around a bug, you know this dance. I start hopping around as if my feet were covered in bugs and I have a look of sheer horror and disgust. This has just topped it though. My son is eating worms! It took everything in my power to not just vomit on the floor. Luckily Roland was home and he runs in the kitchen after hearing my severe panic screams in the other room. Poor Weston is scared to death because he can't understand why mommy is acting so strangely and now I have him worried. I pull Weston out of the kitchen (still doing my bug dance of course) and Roland surveys the scene. Upon closer look, we see that these worms are all over the floor! This just steps up my bug dance to a whole new level. I think I was going to pass out at this point. Roland gets out the vaccuum and starts vaccuuming them up. Once he assures me they are all gone, I carefully make my way back into the kitchen to finish dinner. Of course, I don't take my eyes off the floor the entire time. The vaccuum became a permanent fixture in the kitchen for the next two days as I randomly found more here and there that I promptly would suck up. The funniest part of it all, after Weston calms down from seeing me so worried, he proceeds to start hopping around and staring at the ground. He was totally making fun of me! He cracks me up. Anyway, after putting two and two together we figured out that these were little larvae from all of the flies that had been in the house. Gross!
Within the past few days we have noticed those nasty sewer roaches. Nothing is more disgusting than roaches. Luckily they have all been dead so far that we have found, but how gross is that?! I won't even touch those. I won't even go near it with the vaccuum. Sorry Roland - those are all yours! So today is trash day. I kissed Roland and sent him off to work and went to go put the garbage bin out on the street. I first went to throw away a few bags that were in the house and I noticed a trail of ants. It went from a crack at the front of the garage, past the trash bins, across all of the stuff by the wall, and to the laundry room door. They were everywhere! I took out the raid and started spraying like crazy. Once they were sufficiently dead, I started moving the trash can out. All of a sudden, crickets and roaches scatter EVERYWHERE and are running and hopping about. UGH!!!!!! Insert bug dance here. I was running around in circles trying not to have a meltdown. I could hear the thud as all of the crickets were hitting things like the wall, our things, etc. It was DISGUSTING. I think the thud was bothering me more than anything. I started spraying raid like it was air freshner. The trash can eventually made it out onto the street but not before I had quite the panic attack. I think it is Roland's turn next time!
oh my goodness I hate bugs! I am sooo sorry! Eww it makes me want to do my bug dance. And... Your family is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious! I can totally picture you doing your dance! My stomach hurt I was laughing so hard reading this. I wish I could write like you do too, everything flows so well and you can picture everything you say.
ReplyDelete