Monday, December 20, 2010

Schenanigans

Our home has been full of schenanigans lately.  Natalie really took the "two-year old" label to heart.  Those tantrums have been amped up about 20 notches and she is emotional about everything.  I would say we spend the greater majority of the day dealing with one of her tantrums or hearing her cry about something that made her turn emotional (which usually is nothing).

Today was one doosy of a day.  And, it all happened before 10:00am.  The morning began with the kids running into my room and waking me up.  Weston needed to run off to the bathroom.  While I was in with him, Natalie had one meltdown after the next.  I still have no idea what was wrong.

The morning routine began and we had to throw in meltdown after meltdown for both of them.  Apparently something is in our water.  To top it off, we had to throw in several time-outs as well.  Natalie was full of schenanigans.  I mentioned one earlier today with her eating (or lack of).

She was ensuring she was not going to bed tonight in my good graces by then running into the bathroom while I was helping Weston go poop in the toilet.  He hopped down and Natalie pushed her way to the toilet, throwing in Weston's chewy.  (Both kids have a "chewy" that they use to help with their oral fixations - it actually helps a lot!)  So, there is Weston's chewy floating in the toilet on top of all of his poop.  Lovely.  Thank you Natalie.

Oh, but that schenanigan doesn't beat what happened just moments later. I was in the room putting on socks so I could take them to the park (boy did they need it and it is thankfully not very cold today). I hear Weston in the bathroom. He jumps down and I see that his underwear is not in the bathroom. I walk out to see his underwear and shorts piled up on the floor. They are wet. So, I went looking for the mess. Found it in the closet. Apparently he took his underwear off and decided to just pee standing there because there was a puddle collected in the back of the etch-a-sketch as well as pee all over several other toys. So, I collected up all of the affected toys, making sure I wasn't going to spill urine everywhere. I took it to the sink to wash when I looked over to see Natalie dumping Weston's full bowl of cereal and milk all over herself, the chair, table, and floor. So, I left the filling sink running while I ran over and grabbed her to clean her up.


I cleaned up Natalie and began wiping up the giant mess. While I am trying to clean, the phone rings (of course). I answer the phone, try to clean up the mess, and am talking to Natalie's ECI case worker while Weston is running around WWF wrestling Natalie. He is body slamming, full on tackling, and even yanked her off the couch by her hair!


Then, Weston decides to poop in his underwear again as he is running to the bathroom to finish it off. Didn't I just say in my previous post that he was doing so well with this potty-training?!  Apparently, I spoke too soon.  So, it was more cleaning for me, then it was off to the sink to go and clean some toys.

For my sanity, as well as the kids', we finally got out of the house.  Thank you park!  You are my lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment