We were invited to attend Natalie's Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Christmas party. Aunt Andrea tagged along to help. There was a jumping castle, cookie decorating, crafts, and even Santa!
Weston seemed a little hesitant by the crowd and clung to us the majority of the time. Even the jumping castle couldn't lure him in, but Natalie sure took to it fast!
Neither Weston nor Natalie have ever met Santa before. This was the first time for both of them to sit on his lap! We stood patiently in line until it was our turn. Weston freaked out. He would not even go close to Santa. He stood behind Aunt Andrea's leg and cried. Poor guy. He was terrified of Jolly 'ole St Nick!
I took Natalie up to Santa and she seemed a little hesitant, but sat on his lap probably more to appease me than anything else. I tried to take some pictures but the majority of them turned out blurry or had bad lighting. I think I need to work on my picture taking skills! Santa even gave Natalie a gift (and had to help her unwrap it!) Thank you Santa for the book! Natalie hopped down and we went over to console Weston who was still horribly upset.
Cookie decorating was next. You can tell that I don't ever do these fun things with my kids because I have no idea what I am doing. We grabbed the frosted sugar cookie and I handed Weston a bottle of sprinkles. Dumb mom. Weston poured and sprinkles went everywhere. I got lots of looks. Apparently you are supposed to dump a small pile on the plate and then the kids pick them up one by one to place on the cookie. Well oops! I didn't get the memo. Where is my bad mom score tally? Natalie got a handful of Weston's sprinkles and we called it good. Decorating was done. We spent the next few minutes eating the yummy cookies.
Craft time. Once again, we don't do crafts either. We were making quite the mess and the kids did not understand the concept at all. I looked around the table at all of the other kids with their moms who were making cute little stockings and pictures with stickers and other doodads. Then I looked back at us with our glue everywhere and ripped papers and stickers on the hands. I'll leave it with the excuse that we are not craft people!
After that, we were done. The kids were overstimulated and had their fill of fun. We had a good time. Maybe next time we meet Santa we will have a happier and more exciting reaction!
No comments:
Post a Comment