Monday, December 20, 2010

Potty-Training

We have a potty-trained Weston!  Our plan was to potty-train both Weston and Natalie during Roland's Christmas break from work.  Weston had different plans.  On Tuesday he found his superhero underwear in the laundry basket and was super excited about them (no pun intended!).  So, I went with it. 

We put the underwear on and the training began.  He had a difficult time giving up his diapers and cried for them a few times, but we held strong.  He had five accidents that first morning before he finally got the hang of it.  He woke up from his nap dry and didn't have another accident the rest of the day. 

Day 2, Wednesday.  Another successful day.  I think he only had two or three accidents the entire day and they were more like little dribbles on the way to the toilet.  I was impressed!

By Day 3, Thursday, we had a fully potty-trained boy.  He let us know when he needed to go and had very minimal accidents (mainly during sleep). 

I think Weston is super excited but at the same time it is really hard for him to cope with.  Being a creature of habit, all of this newness and lack of control is really difficult for him.  He has become really clingy and emotional and has regressed slightly in a few things, but I think he will feel better about everything soon.

Good job Weston!  We are proud of you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment