I have some helpful kids but this morning was just a bit over the top. I never knew how difficult it could be to vacuum.
My little stinker Natalie snuck a graham cracker from the table and took it to the couch. I was rotating laundry at the time and when I walked back into the main room I see her crouched over on the couch with mashed up graham cracker all over the cushions. She did quite a number on both the graham cracker and the couch.
I shoo her away and gather up the pieces to throw away. I grabbed the vacuum, plugged it in, and headed to the couch. Natalie is just laughing and grinning from ear to ear. She thinks this is so funny. They usually show an interest in the vacuum and often grab their toy vacuum to vacuum along side me, but today was just a whole new playing field.
I tipped the vacuum back a little to get the brush off the floor. The brush is supposed to stop moving when the attachment is being used, but this one doesn't. So, if I don't pick it up, the carpet gets destroyed by that brush rotating in that same spot for an extended period of time. I am trying to balance the vacuum and suck up the graham cracker crumbs when Natalie saunters over and thinks the vacuum is a ride. She straddles it like a witch on broom and starts giggling. She begins to bounce like she is galloping on a horse as I struggle to keep the vacuum where I need it. Weston is watching with amusement and decides he wants to join in.
When I am done using the attachment I decide I may as well do my vacuuming for the day while it is out so I attempt the task. Weston starts stepping on the cord retracting button and laughs as it yanks the plug from the wall. I turn off the vacuum, re plug the cord, and walk back. I push the on button to discover nothing happens. I was thoroughly confused. I had just plugged it back in. I turn around and see Natalie wrapping herself around in the cord having the time of her life. She had ripped the cord out of the wall again. This was getting ridiculous.
I walk over again, re-plug the cord again, and attempt to turn the vacuum on, again. It works. I try to hurry as I am moving around the excited little bodies. Weston is squealing and running away from the vacuum as if it is a game. Natalie runs up to the vacuum and stops right in front so that I run over her feet. She thinks it is so funny. Then she runs around wrapping herself in the cord again. I try to hold it up so that she can't reach it but all this manages to do is make the cord taut so that when she runs into it, it catapults her forward. This starts a whole new game with plenty of giggling, smiling, and more yanked out cords.
I am happy to say that the vacuuming did get done, although it did take a significant longer time than normal. But, we certainly had some entertained kids. They crack me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment