Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All Settled In

I have decided that we are officially professional movers. We completed our fourth move in seven months on June 24. I can't even believe we have moved that many times in seven months! I am happy to say that we are all settled in now and we should be staying put for at least a year. Hallelujah!

So, to celebrate, I decided to open boxes I haven't opened in years. There were some that I packed up when Roland and I moved from Tucson four years ago that have remained unopened until now. Boy does it feel nice to have access to all of my stuff again.

I am also determined to keep this place incredibly clean and organized. So far (granted it has only been about two weeks) I have been successful. Everything is being unpacked and placed in a designated and labeled spot. No more random piles all over the house. Boy does it feel good! The kids room, bathroom, and living space has all been completed. Of course, our room is always last. Hopefully I will have that done within the month. That is where all of the stuff that hasn't been organized in years gets tossed. So, it may take a while.

I will definitely post some pictures soon of our new place. I am excited to decorate for the first time ever. I want to have a comfortable home, not just a place to live. So, we have now incorporated home decor into our budget. It may take some time, but we will get there. I am excited.

The kids are loving having their space again to run around. They are always so busy. Both Weston and Natalie spent the first few days investigating everything. They are so cute. The best part is that we have a gated playground at our complex. It has been absolutely wonderful. I can sit at the park for the first time in my life. There is no where for them to run off to and they absolutely love the playground. They chase each other up the stairs and down the slide over and over. It is so fun to watch. They are wonderful!

That's about it for now. I should probably be organizing my room. Got to get that done!

1 comment:

  1. So I kind of want the story of why you had to move... Just couldn't handle the loud stairwell? Afraid your daughter was going to fall out the window?

    I should just call, but it's dinner time and then Young Women time. Tomorrow, maybe? I'm a rotten phone call person...

    ReplyDelete