I am happy to report that Weston is currently napping in his big boy bed.
We were in no hurry to switch him over as frankly I like that he is in a crib and can't get out. Weston isn't one that is prone to liking change and depends on his comfort items as well as his routine.
With a vacation coming up in a week where he will not have a crib to sleep in, I knew we needed to get him used to a bed. We tried several times to take the side of his crib off and replace it with a rail. That way, he still had the comfort of his crib, but it was more like a bed. This was met with much resistance.
We didn't want to push it so we put the side back up and decided to wait until he was ready. Each day I take the side down and replace it with the rail so that he sees it all day and gets used to it. Then, when he goes to sleep he can decide which one he wants.
I was getting the kids ready for a nap when Weston comes over to me and says "I want the blue one" (his rail is blue). I grabbed the blue rail and set it up on his bed. No problems. He was quite content.
Hallelujah! That was easy. Now to see if it sticks. He has already been out once (peeked his head out the door and said "Mom, where are you?") but hopefully he will actually be asleep soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment