January 29, 2011
We celebrated Roland's birthday. I was later informed that it was the worst birthday ever. Epic failure in my department. If I remember correctly, he didn't feel very well and the kids were ornery. He did get to play a rugby game on his birthday though. So, at least he did get to do something fun. I believe we got a sitter and went out to dinner to celebrate, but he had a massive headache and wasn't really up to being out. So, happy 29th birthday to you! Hopefully we will do better next year. It is the big 3-0 after all. We did have cake the next night. So, he wasn't completely forgotten.
February 6, 2011
Natalie just looked too adorable to not take a million pictures. I couldn't get the darn toothbrush out of her mouth though. Also notice the ripped up paper in the background? That would be Natalie's snack of choice. I don't get her sometimes.
![]() |
| Showing off her monkey she put on the end of the toothbrush |
![]() |
| I love her pose |
![]() | |||
| I tried to get a picture of her with a smile on her face. This is the best I could get. |
Natalie got an unexpected hair cut. Weston has a motorcycle that spins around. He decided to put the circle part that spins around on top of Natalie's head while it was spinning. This caused a piece of her hair to get sucked up into the motorcycle and was spun around it at a rapid rate. I heard her screaming. I looked over to see it plastered to her head with her hair stretched as far as it could and yanking at the roots. I felt terrible. I tried my best to unwrap as much as I could but had to eventually remove the motorcycle by cutting her hair (with meat scissors of all things). I was left with a chunk of hair in the motorcycle and a twisted mess on top of her head. It took about two weeks but we were able to get the majority of the mess untangled and the rest was taken care of by a wonderful haircut by Aunt Andrea!
![]() |
| Our culprit |
![]() |
| The mess |
![]() |
| Poor Natalie. She even has a tear on her cheek. |
Weston has been into "matching" things lately. Him and Natalie took out the "go fish" cards and were taking turns handing them to each other. They were so polite and made sure to say "thank you" each time a card was handed to him or her. It was adorable.
Natalie took a break to study with Daddy.
Later that day I had to go to a chiropractic appointment because I had slipped on some ice and was in a lot of pain. The family joined for the ride. We found a statue of a bull outside the office that was just calling for a picture.
When we returned home the kids sat and watched "Surf's Up." It's a movie about surfing penguins. They thought it was great. Then Daddy has to go and get clever and made "surf boards" for the kids out of a cardboard box. Hours of fun began!
![]() |
| Weston gathered up his blankets to make "waves." |
![]() |
| Weston riding a wave |
Natalie found Roland's beanie and thought it was great to wear it around the house. She looked adorable.
Weston came home from school more than excited about his valentines. He dove right in. He was even nice enough to share with Natalie. What a sweet brother.
I couldn't help myself and raided the clearance section of WalMart. Weston got a Buzz Lightyear and puzzle. Natalie got a little doll that crawls and a play oven. They had a blast playing with their new loot.
Valentine's Day actually marks the anniversary of Roland and my first date. We had been friends for a while but that was it. This year marks our 7th anniversary! Can you believe it? Seven years. That is a long time. Valentine's Day came and all of our friends were out. So, he invited me on a date. He "wowed" me with his amazing cooking. He made pancakes from scratch and gave me some beautiful flowers. The only pancakes I had ever known were made from Bisquick batter. So, this was quite the treat. After our dinner we went to the movies to see "Fifty First Dates." I don't remember much else about our date, but I know that I was grateful that such an amazing friend had asked me out (and I was even more grateful that I wasn't sitting alone at the house while all of my friends were out on dates). What a sweet heart to think of me.
So, in honor of our first date, we made waffles for dinner. I had forgotten that it was actually pancakes that he made but Roland was kind enough not to say anything about my mistake. Natalie helped me mix the batter. What a cute little cook.
That night I had to go out and do some makeup piano lessons so we didn't even get to enjoy our honorary dinner together. But, oh well. Maybe next year. Roland was kind enough to bring me home some flowers. He got one for the other girl in his life too. What a sweet daddy. Roland's requested gift was a rubik's cube. So, guess what he got? We are exciting aren't we?
What a crazy day. The kids crashed that night. Can you find them in that mess of blankets?














































No comments:
Post a Comment