Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Preschool Graduation

I know what you are thinking.  Isn't it a little early to be having a graduation?

Well, we celebrated Weston's preschool "graduation" on Wednesday March 29.  He will be attending the same preschool in the fall but he still participated in graduation for this year.  His teacher, Ms. Tamra is expecting a little girl any day now so she was rightfully so ready to be done with school for this year.  So, we are on hiatus until the fall.  Weston is super sad that he doesn't get to play with Ms. Tamra and his friends anymore, but we will find fun things to fill the time.
A little blurry and grainy, but I love his cross-legged pose.  So cute!
Graduation was so super cute.  The program started out with some cute songs sung by the kids.  I must admit, I was a beaming parent.  You know one of those parents that is staring at her child with the biggest, cheesiest grin on her face?  Oh, and the camera poised and ready?  Well, that was me.  I swore I would never do it.  But, I couldn't help myself.  I was beaming with pride.  He was adorable!!!


Each child received an award.  Weston received the unstoppable award.  Even with a broken foot, he just kept going.  He wasn't going to let it stop him.  He kept up with all of the kids as he hobbled around.  I think that should be his mantra through life.  He certainly is unstoppable.  What a stud!
Weston receiving his award
Natalie enjoyed refreshments a little early.  She couldn't help herself with all of those yummy treats staring at her!  Dad was a trooper to hang out and keep Natalie entertained while Mom doted and beamed over Weston.
Daddy and Natalie - isn't her shirt just adorable?
We had a great time.  Aunt Andrea and Grandma Summerhays were able to attend as well.  Weston smiled really wide when he saw them walk in.  It was great that they could be there with us!
Weston, Aunt Andrea, Grandma Summerhays
Weston enjoyed his treats but was eventually ready to go home.  What a fun evening!
Weston and his drink.  Goodness Mom, you have been holding out on me.  These are great!
We appreciate Ms. Tamra and all of her hard work for the three short months that Weston was with her.  We are looking forward to the fall where we can begin a full school year!  Weston can't wait!
Weston and Ms. Tamra
Now for the overload of family pictures!
Mom and Weston - ignore the bad hair day.  Me, not him  :)

Daddy and Weston

Weston and Natalie - more concerned by the goodie bag than looking at the camera

To close, here are a few of the fun projects that came home with him from school.  Looks like he had a blast!
Weston's favorite letter

I love that you can see him try to trace the letters.  So cute!

It took me a while to notice that there were a bunch of "u's" in the umbrella.  So fun!

I love the ladybug.  The ladybugs are his fingerprints.  Adorable!

1 comment:

  1. So stinkin cute! He looks so tiny in the pic where he is receiving his award.

    ReplyDelete