1. I am convinced you either have to be an artist by trade or posses the patience of Job to pull off a decent nail painting. Neither of these talents do I profess to have.
2. I remember why I tossed out all of my "cheap" nailpolish and opted for the more expensive brands. I apparently forgot as I was making my purchase the other day. A quality nailpolish can at least hide some of what you lack in number 1.
3. Nailpolish takes forever to dry!
4. You have to have some talented toes in order to make sure you don't accidently transfer some of your color onto the skin of the neighboring toe. My toes = not so talented.
5. What a time consuming process! Time is not something I have had since having kids. Hence, the no nail polish for 3+ years. The process becomes that much more time consuming when you are trying to paint three sets of toes (and re-paint as little toes are impatient and scrape off all of the paint as soon as it is applied)
So, with all of these reminders, maybe it will be another three years before the next attempt. I figured it was about time I painted little Natalie's toes as I genuinely believe she is the only girl of her age that has never had her nails painted. Bad Mom. So, we tried, but we failed.
I currently have a decently painted set of toes on my right foot but nothing on my left. And, sad to say, it will probably stay that way until I just finally take off the polish on the one foot. Weston has a quickly done set of nails done on both feet. His idea, not mine. He was super excited to get "pretty" on his toes. He even told Dad last night to "not touch the pretty." He got it! Natalie didn't get the memo. She touched, slid along the tile, everything you can imagine. So, Natalie is left with patches of pink outlining most of her toes, but that is about it.
![]() |
| My "finished" toes |
![]() |
| Natalie's toes as she was running away |
![]() |
| Weston's toes |
So, we will leave it as a fun activity and nothing more. Maybe we will try again in a few months. Or, maybe I will read my reminders and not. We will see!



My girls LOVE getting their nails painted!!!! When I first started painting Allison's nails she was pretty good about staying still but now that I have two girls they can't stay still while or after painting but I found out that Abbigail does a lot better if I use a blow dryer. I just have one child hold the blow dryer to help dry the paint faster on the other child's feet while I'm doing their's... this way they both have to stay still.. It's made things 100 times easier!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine 3 years without! I hardly go an hour without painted toe nails... Sometimes I get creative and do my fingernails as well! that usually last about 5 day's before they look absolutely horable! I may have a bit of an answer to at least #3 (and perhaps a few more of the problems) Buy Essey Brand! it dry's super quick and it's a good brand, so it goes on pretty evenly! (a little pricy perhaps, but I think it's worth it)
ReplyDelete