Thursday, February 10, 2011
Go Wash your Mouth Out
I don't understand why Natalie has to put everything in her mouth (except of course food). She eats sticks, leaves, mud, crayons, chalk, licks asphalt, anything you can think of! When it comes time to eating food she won't try anything and spits out just about anything she puts in her mouth that is actually edible. Or, she gags on it. She has been living on a steady diet of chocolate milk lately.
This morning Weston and Natalie were taking a bath and I was trying to be dutiful and clean the bathroom while I was in there with them. I was wiping down the counter when I heard Natalie yelp. I turned around and see a mouth FULL of soap. She had it caked in each and every tooth. It was in the grooves and stuck to every side of every surface. Chunks were also floating around within the mouth itself and stuck to her tongue. Gosh she really did it this time!
I tried to sweep my finger in there and remove all of the major chunks. In between sobs she would gag. Pretty soon the sobs began producing giant bubbles emerging from her mouth. I couldn't help but laugh as I was scooping out gobs and gobs of soap with bubbles going everywhere. I really had to resist grabbing the camera. I am such a mean mom. I figured my presence was more urgently needed to fix the problem at hand.
Eventually we got most of the soap out and she just gagged down the rest. I sure hope she learned her lesson but I am really not holding my breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha poor Natalie! It's gotta taste better than dirt, right? :)
ReplyDeleteI fully LOVE reading your blog! Sadly it makes me wish you guys were nearer :( Gotta love those kids! they are FULL of Carisma!
ReplyDelete