Friday, February 18, 2011

A MIRACLE!

Those that know Natalie know that she has practically lived on antibiotics her ENTIRE life. 

Her labor was fast.  So fast that I couldn't get an epidural and they couldn't give me the antibiotics needed because I was Strep B positive.  Apparently they are supposed to give me two rounds of medication during the delivery to make sure the baby doesn't pick anything up in the vaginal canal on the way out.  Even though we didn't have time for it, they sure did try!  Don't even get me started on the many things I hated about the hospital and Natalie's delivery, but the nurse without telling me what she was doing, shot the medicine into my IV.  All I knew was that suddenly my arm felt like it was engulfed in flames.  It hurt so badly that I for a second forgot that I was in labor (ready to push but waiting for the doctor) without pain meds!  Freaking out, I asked her why my arm was on fire.  She calmly replies, "Oh it is just the medicine for the Strep B.  Usually we dilute it and put it in slowly but we didn't have time for either."  Well I am certainly happy she made that call without consulting me or my husband.  My poor arm felt like it was getting burned off in a fire and it lasted like that for several minutes.  Of course, they still didn't have time for the second round of torture so the first one they did was pointless.  I could have told them that!  I was so angry.
Our first family picture

So, even though I was put through torture, Natalie was still put on antibiotics in the hospital to make sure she didn't get the Strep B infection.  She was admitted to their little NICU nursery so that she could get IV antibiotics for three days.
You can see the bandage over her poor hand where they put the IV

The day we arrived home from the hospital Natalie developed a runny nose.  It progressed quickly and she was having trouble breathing, was coughing, choking, and often turned purplish/blue.  Her pediatrician finally recommended I take her to the hopital to have her tested for RSV among other things.  So, at two weeks old Natalie was admitted to the hospital.  She was put through a spinal tap (poor thing), EEG, EKG, and lots of blood work.  Everything came back fine.  She was hooked up to an apnea monitor too as she would go through periods where she would not breathe.  The alarm would sound after 30 seconds of no breath.  The alarm went off four times during our four day stay.  It would startle me every time since it was incredibly loud.  All of the nurses would run in and check all of her vitals.

My days were spent by her bedside watching nurse after nurse try to suck out her nose and pull out gobs of mucous.  It was the saddest thing to watch.  She was a mess.  Finally they released us on New Years Day and said there was nothing more they could do that we couldn't do at home.  They trained us on the apnea monitor and sent it home with us.  We were told it was just some virus she needed to get over and to just suck her nose out as much as possible to keep her from gagging on it.
Natalie in the hospital

Since then, she has had a perpetual runny nose.  Until a few months ago, I could count on my hands the total number of days in her entire life that she didn't have a runny nose.  The runny noses turned into chronic ear infections.  Finally in April of 2010 Natalie had tubes put in her ears.  This has been a great blessing.  She has only had one ear infection since, and we were able to cure it with ear drops that we had on hand.  But, the lack of ear infections turned into sinus infections instead.
Natalie before tubes were put in

Natalie would be on antibiotics at all times.  Her runny nose would subside about halfway into the round of antibiotics then as soon as she was off the medicine, she would develop another runny nose two days later.  We would start the cycle all over again.   We were at the doctor every three weeks picking up a new prescription.  It was getting expensive and ridiculous.  I was beginning to question if Natalie even had an immune system and was very concerned with the amount of antibiotics she was using.

Both Weston and Natalie on their last three sinus infections needed three rounds of antibiotics each to get rid of the infection.  Now I was getting nervous!  Their bodies were becoming insensitive to the medicine.  If some super bug came, they were in trouble!

My sister-in-law had been using essential oils on her children and swore by it.  I was desperate so I was willing to try anything.  So, I caved and bought essential oils the first week of December.  Since we were swtiching to a high deductible HSA for 2011, just one doctor visit would be $100 and I don't even want to know how much the medicine would be.  So, I certainly did not want to be at the doctor every three weeks like we had been doing.  There is no way we could have afforded it. 

I am happy to report that our last round of antibiotics was also in December.  We have not been back to the doctor since!!!!  This is an absolute miracle for us.  I am so so so happy.  I am sold on this stuff!  I never imagined a life with Natalie not on antibiotics.  I never imagined I would go a whole week without wiping her nose!

Granted, both Weston and Natalie have had two infections since I started the oils, but I was able to get rid of both of them by only using oregano oil!  I will admit, I was ready to give up on the second infection and just take them in, but I held out for another few days and all of a sudden it was gone.  I was reminded how much I love this stuff. 

So, I wanted to share the happy news.  I am so pleased with what this stuff has done for our family.  It is saving us so much money by not being at the doctor all the time and I am so relieved that they are not living on antibiotics anymore.  If you are interested in trying it, I highly highly recommend it.  At the sake of sounding corny, it has changed our lives!

I wanted to save money on the stuff so I decided to become a consultant (for the good discounts).  If you are interested in trying it, head over to my website, or become a consultant yourself so you can get the killer discount.  Just make sure to put my member ID # (58430) in as your sponsor.  You don't even have to actually sell the stuff if you don't want to but you can still take advantage of the great price. 

Our family uses the OnGuard every morning and every evening (just put one drop on the bottom of the foot) to prevent us from getting sick.  We then use the Oregano when they start to get sick (one drop on the bottom of the foot every hour).  Oregano is good for bacterial infections.  I am hoping to buy the Melaleuca soon because that one is better for viral infections.  Allergy season is just around the corner too, so I just bought last night the Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint which are all supposedly good for allergies.  So, we will see!  I don't want to get slammed like last year right after we moved out here.  That was miserable.  I don't want to live on Claritin and Zyrtec for months and still not be able to function, so I am hoping it will work well for us.  If not, lemon is great for ear infections and lots more and the peppermint is awesome for coughs, breathing trouble, and upset stomachs among other things. 

But, the one I am most excited about is the TerraShield I bought last night.  It is a natural bug repellent so I can put that on me rather than that nasty bug spray.  You can also dilute it in water and spray it around your doors, windows, and other problem areas to keep the bugs and ants out.  Yay!  I can't wait to see how this works.

So, I hope this stuff works for you like it has for us.  I can't stop smiling about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment