Friday October 22, 2010
After our last
unsuccessful attempt, we decided to try another trip to the Children's Aquarium.
 |
| Hello! |
The kids really enjoyed it. I think the highlight of the aquarium was definitely the sting ray "petting" exhibit. Weston and Natalie had so much fun looking at all of the sting rays. Nataile especially was ecstatic. She would clentch her fists and shake with excitement. She would stick her fingers in the water and wait for the sting rays to come up and "lick" her fingers. When they did, she would pull her fingers back and grin from ear to ear while stomping her feet. She could have spent all day there. She was in heaven.
 |
| Natalie walking with the sting rays |
 |
| Excited to play with the sting rays |
 |
| Natalie is captivated |
 |
| Splash, splash |
Weston also enjoyed the sting rays. He thought they were pretty neat. He didn't get so brave to stick his hand in the water though. I don't blame him. He would cautiously stand behind our legs and peer at them from behind the safety of the glass.
 |
| Of course - Natalie is sucking on the glass - what else would she be doing? |
Natalie thoroughly enjoyed all of the fish, turtles, and other underwater exhibits. She was pointing and babbling at all of the colors and ran from tank to tank. Weston was more content to just look at everything as if he didn't care.
There was also a little exhibit where the kids could pick up and touch snails and hermit crabs. Natalie had so much fun; this was all of her favorite things all wrapped up into one! Water, splashing, little small things - what else could she ask for?! She was grabbing shells left and right and more often than not was trying to put them right into her mouth. We had to be fast with her! She actually did manage to get one in her mouth and I had to pry the poor little thing out of her mouth. I am pretty sure they were ready for us to go! Weston enjoyed looking, but once again was not a huge fan of the touching.
Overall, I think it was a success. We had a lot of fun. We just wish it was bigger. It is still not "officially" open so maybe they will open more things in the next two months. I really wish they had a huge shark tank - maybe they will. We will see.
 |
| Roland made fun of me saying I looked scared. I guess from this picture it does appear that way. I was more grossed out by the dirty glass |
No comments:
Post a Comment