Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ingenuity at its Finest

Roland should have been an engineer.  He always makes me laugh with his random contraptions he comes up with.

Our air conditioning has been out for about a week.  They come and fix it, it works for a day, then it goes out again.  We went a complete 48 hours where the air conditioner didn't turn off even once.  I just figured it was hot.  I am not too thrilled to see our electric bill.  To make matters worse, our refrigerator and freezer doors have a tendency to not "stick."  I woke up Sunday morning to find the freezer door wide open.  Everything was thawed out.  Once again, not excited to see this electric bill.  I am pretty sure this electric bill will be "Happy Birthday" and "Merry Christmas" to each of us for the next two years.

Anyway, the air conditioner went out again Saturday night.  We dealt with it and called early Sunday morning.  This time they discovered there was actually a freon leak.  They wouldn't be able to get it fixed until Monday.  They installed a little window air conditioning unit and left.

They day went on and it got hotter, and hotter, and hotter.  The mood in the house quickly deteriorated.  We were all one big crabby mess.  The poor kids when they realized the funny thing in the window was shooting out cold air pulled up a chair and just hovered over it for over a half hour.  I am glad we have it, but it really isn't doing anything unless you are in about a one foot radius around it.

But, I digress.  That evening some friends invited us over for dinner so we could get out of our hot mess.  It was very kind of them.  When we arrived home, it was 88 degrees.  Stifling.  We put the kids to bed and I left to go pick up a fan from my parents to put in the kids' room.  When I arrived home, I walked in to see this.




Roland was attempting to channel the cold air from the window fan into the kids' room.  Quite impressive I must say.  It helped a little, but it was still ridiculously hot.  Our room was too hot to even walk into.  We camped out on the floor of the living room.  Weston ended up waking up in the night and found us on the floor so he grabbed his blanket and joined us.  I think he thought it was great.

Luckily we just had to make it through Monday.  Our air was fixed Monday night.  Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh that sounds miserable! so glad you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete