Sometimes I think we are a little over-ambitious. This coming semester is no different. I think we may have bit off more than we can chew. I am a little nervous to see how the next few months pan out.
A much needed update on our lives:
Roland is half way through his MBA program at Texas A&M-Commerce. Hallelujah! He worked very hard this summer and completed two classes - both with "A's." I am so proud of him. He spent well over 30 hours studying every week in addition to his other duties. He is very dedicated. He has a short two week break right now then will begin again at the end of the month. He is scheduled to take three classes this semester. I think we may regret it but we are getting antsy to have him be done.
In addition to school, Roland has taken on new responsibilites at work. Someone left in his department so they split up that person's work among everyone else. Apparently, "everyone else" is Roland and another person. So, Roland is pretty much swamped. But, we are grateful for the work.
If that wasn't enough, Roland was recently called into the Young Men's program at church. He is working with the 14 and 15 year olds. So, that adds responsibilites to Sunday and Wednesdays. He is excited to work with the boys but suffice it to say is a little overwhelmed.
I think I am just as crazy. I now have 13 piano students which take up Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons. I also recently decided I want to go back for my Master's degree in Kinesiology. I am scheduled to take the GRE on September 23 and hopefully will begin my program in the Spring in the University of Texas syndicate. I am a little nervous about the GRE. It is just a little intimidating. I haven't done anything like that in so long. I am trying to study at least an hour or two each day. We will see how it turns out!
I have also been busy getting everything together to start up our business. Everything has been slow going but that is the way we want it to be. We want to think everything through and go slowly so as not to accumulate debt for it. We are super excited though and will be doing what we both love to do. Roland is super excited to some day quit his job. I told him that will be a LONG time from now. ;)
Weston is starting preschool again on Monday. He could not be more excited. School is all he has talked about for the past few months. He got a new Mario backpack that he is all smiles about. That is one proud kid. He is a sweet, kind brother and son. He definitely keeps us entertained.
Natalie is a fireball as usual. She is sweet yet spunky. She is turning into quite the drama queen. She makes me laugh. Natalie is doing really well in her development and has made some dramatic improvements in the last four months or so. She is rapidly increasing her vocabulary and is finally beginning to communicate with us. We still have a lot of meltdowns since she can't quite express what she wants like a typical 2.5 year old but we are working on it. She also just started speech therapy so we are hoping that will help too. She is such a fun little girl.
So, that is us in a nut shell. If you don't hear from us in a while, know that we are still here. We are probably just realizing we shouldn't have booked ourselves so tight!
you guys are nuts! haha okay, just busy. wow. weston and natalie are so cute with their preschool pictures - that's so fun that natalie wants to be like her big brother. what's the business you're starting? i didn't know you had plans to do that! good luck with the next four months! Christmas will feel better than ever :)
ReplyDelete