Natalie has become really good at communicating her need to be cleaned after wetting her diaper. She will grab my hand, sign "potty" to me, then walk over to where we keep the diapers and will plop herself on the ground. It is quite an efficient process.
I started to sit her on the toilet and sign "potty" to her so she would begin to understand that this is where we actually go potty. She would smile at me and that would be that.
This morning I found her squatting in the kitchen. I asked her "do you need to go potty?" and signed "potty" to her. She grinned, stood up, and signed "potty" to me. I scooped her up and we ran to the bathroom. I disrobed her and sat her on the toilet at which point I signed "potty" and told her this is where we go potty.
Again she grinned and slid her bottom around on the seat trying to figure out how to sit on this foreign object. After a minute or so, I figured nothing was going to come of it, so took her down. She promptly ran towards the sink. I thought "Great! She is going to wash her hands!"
Nope. She squatted and began to pee. What a stinker. At least we are getting closer!
No comments:
Post a Comment