It was a busy day today with a trip to the gym and then a morning at the playground. I was sitting in the family room reading books with Weston before naps while Natalie was busy in her bedroom closet playing ever so intently with her toys. She is always so busy. She runs around the house with intent and focus in her eyes. Last I checked on her she was busy scrutinizing over and organizing a stash of magnets she had stolen off the refrigerator. She would pile them on top of each other, line them up, put them in a basket one by one, then take them out again. As I said before, very busy and very focused.
Weston and I are reading about the wonderful adventures of zoo animals when I start to hear some noise coming from their room. In the distance I can hear Natalie's Leap Frog learning table. Little did I know, she wasn't actually playing with it - she was using it as a step ladder! Not even two minutes later I hear a loud crash. Poor Weston is left baffled as I leap up mid sentence. Why would Mom leave in the middle of my story?
I run into their closet to find a stunned Natalie, back flat on the floor, and plastic drawers draping her body. Her eyes were gaping open as if in wonderment over what just occurred. I start to pull the drawers off of her, pulling away balls and blocks and cars that were strewn about during the fall. What a silly girl.
Without skipping a beat, she was back up and busy yet again. I hope she learned that little WalMart plastic drawers aren't the sturdiest of furniture to be climbing on. But, I wouldn't count on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment