We had an unfortunate incident at the park today.
Weston was so cute with his little race cars. You shake them and they rev up and spin the tires once you place them on the ground. They move a good foot or so. He had been walking across the whole park racing these two cars against each other. The gray car won every time. That one always went significantly further than the other. He was having quite the fun.
We head over to the lake and I see him shaking one of his cars. I just knew he was going to throw it. I told him to please not throw his car because it might fall into the lake. He runs full speed and chucks his car.
The car spirals in the air, hits the ground, then bounces really high and plops right into the lake. We ran to the edge and watched it sink. Weston watched as if he couldn't believe what happened. I told him "Sorry Weston. It's gone." He seemed to accept the fact and we moved on.
That was it. He walked away without a second thought. No crying, no pleading to get it, just acceptance. May the gray car rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment