Since Weston has turned two (two weeks ago) he has decided that he is most certainly a big boy now. The things he has learned and done over these past two weeks has me blown away. First of all, as stated earlier, Weston now listens! This has been a major breakthrough. Weston also has decided that he is now too big for the highchair and must sit in his own chair at the table like everyone else (Bummer - I like keeping him contained). Weston also now puts his own shirts on and attempts at his pants. He also insists that he must wash his hands every few minutes. He will climb up the step stool to the sink, turn on the water, and let it run forever unless I stop him. I also caught him trying to piece together his humidifier. He actually did really good! I was very impressed. He knew where all of the parts went and put it together all by himself. Dad helped Weston put the water in - and voila! He was very proud of himself.
Now for the most impressive one of all. We had the kids in the bath Friday when Weston gets a concerned look on his face and says "boopy." We ask if he wants to go on the toilet and he gets excited. We place him on the toilet bowl and he proceeds to urinate in the toilet! We were all clapping and cheering - him included. I was shocked that he did that. He was so proud to then get down and flush it away. Then, last night Weston was sitting in his chair coloring when he said it again. I took him to the toilet and he not only urinated but he also had a bowel movement in the toilet! Once again, there was a lot of clapping, cheering, and excitement. Weston was so proud of himself. He got down, flushed the toilet, then went and washed and dried his hands by himself. What a big boy!
Now for the most impressive one of all. We had the kids in the bath Friday when Weston gets a concerned look on his face and says "boopy." We ask if he wants to go on the toilet and he gets excited. We place him on the toilet bowl and he proceeds to urinate in the toilet! We were all clapping and cheering - him included. I was shocked that he did that. He was so proud to then get down and flush it away. Then, last night Weston was sitting in his chair coloring when he said it again. I took him to the toilet and he not only urinated but he also had a bowel movement in the toilet! Once again, there was a lot of clapping, cheering, and excitement. Weston was so proud of himself. He got down, flushed the toilet, then went and washed and dried his hands by himself. What a big boy!

Now is my dilemma. I really want to encourage him to use the toilet but I really am not ready to give up the crib yet. I like having him in his little contained area when it is time to go to bed. I think he enjoys his crib too. Hmmm.... maybe I can get away with encouraging him to use the toilet when he is awake and just let him do whatever at bed time. We will have to see how this goes. I am certainly excited to get rid of those diapers! Congratulations Weston!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment